The group had a great time visiting an orphanage today. A great facility housing about 100 kids of all ages--1-18. They were wonderful kids, and our group enjoyed playing with them for about 90 minutes. The orphanage was about a one hour drive each way.
They enjoyed playing baseball, volleyball, cards, and such. Everyone had a lot of fun. The orphanage is a Christian institution.
Kane is much better. We hope he can go with us tomorrow. The sick girls are still pretty puny. Now Kaleb has joined the ranks of the sick in the quarantine. His doesn't seem to be as severe just yet.
Thanks for all your prayers. We also appreciate the comments you post. I have made it permissible for you to post without signing up to do so now.
Tomorrow is a day-long journey to Santo Domingo for some sightseeing, shopping, passing out gospel tracts, and visiting an orphanage for handicapped children.
Hey Luigi gang, Sure have enjoyed seeing your trip and reading the great reports. Praying for you all. Be nice to your leaders, they deserve it.
ReplyDeleteLove
Ms. Chris
Great to hear Karissa is feeling better. Hope everyone else gets better soon. The pictures are fantastic and makes us feel like we are right there with you guys!!! Continue to love on those babies. It was great seeing all the smiles.
ReplyDeleteLove, Linda and George
Kaleb: Hey Bud! We hope you feel better soon! Our love and prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteKane: So glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a rough time. Hopefully you'll be up to the activities tomorrow. Love you!!!
Katelyn: We love you and miss you too! We hope you won't get this bug since you were already sick last Friday with a fever from the shot your mean Mom made you get. Sorry again! We are loving the pictures...hope you are taking more!
Kourtney, Whitney & Sandy: We are praying that you feel much better than last night! Hang in there!!!
Thank you to everyone who has been taking care of the sick team members! Lysol is your friend! :)
Love,
Kevin & Mitzi
Whit,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you will be up to going with the group tomorrow. I hope Sandy and Kourtney are also back up to par.
It is so good to see the pictures of you guys with these children. I hope everyone sickly feels better soon, we are praying for you. Thankyou leaders for taking care of our kids. Hi Remy we love you and miss you. We are so proud of you all. Love, Kim and Michael
ReplyDeleteJessica - I am so happy to see that so far you have not joined the ranks of the ones who have fallen ill - for once I am glad you are not participating!!! Looks like you are starting to loosen up and maybe even enjoying yourself a bit! I hope you are feeling more at ease and not feeling too homesick. I would love to be there - I am very envious of the experiences you are having! We love you, Babe and are so proud of the young woman you are becoming. I know this experience will change your life. We miss you but you will be home before you know it! Have fun - especially Friday but be careful!!! Sunscreen, WATER! and Tylenol!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
To all the rest of the team - We are praying for you all especially for your health! Bottled Water!!!
Mom and Dad, (Jer & Michelle)
ReplyDeleteHey! We miss you guys soooo much! Looks like you are having a great time. We are enjoying the slideshows and the kids are so cute.Hope you don't drink from the same jug as the sick ones. Call again if you get a chance. Me and Brett are having a great time at VBS, but, of course, Nathan has not been back since Sun. night. Tell Katelyn and the rest that I miss them. Love ya, Emily ( and Brett and Nathan)
Taylor,
ReplyDeleteHey! We are loving being able to see what you all are doing each day. I've given the blogspot to several people, and they all love it and are praying for each of you. Janice said they are esp. praying for the sick ones. I hope you avoid it, but tell everyone we hope they get better soon.I think we'll get you a donkey for transportation if anything happens to your car. And I wish you could just bring that little girl home with you that you were holding with the sunglasses on. She is a doll!! We love you! Mom
To all the mission team.
ReplyDeleteHope everyone is feeling better and able to continue the great work you are doing on this mission field. The pictures of the children make me want to be there- looks like a place that could use a medical mission team! Enjoy your day in Santo Domingo and we are praying for everyone to be well again. Tim should know all about the sunscreen for the head. Can't wait for all of you to share your pictures and stories you have encountered. Praying for you daily. Beverly
Taylor,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to see you haven't gotten sick. I'll be praying for you. I hope you have wonderful stories of how God worked through you while you were there. I bet you'll never forget the people you meet. Luv ya! God Bless-Monica
Hey Kourtney and Team ,
ReplyDeleteWhen i heard you were sick first thing came to my mind is oh no... not Kourtney she doesn't take sickness well :D Anyways I hope you are feeling better today! I have been praying for you all that people there will see God through you guys and when i read the blogs i can see that he has used you! Have a great rest of the week! I MISS YOU KOURTNEY!!!!!!!! We have alot to catch up on when I get back from my mission trip! I will be praying for you all! Lots of love!
-Allyson Parker :D